The Fine Print
All sessions will take place in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Class of 2019 session dates will be posted in mid-January 2018 and are likely to be similar to the Class of 2018 schedule (provided below), in that sessions will begin in September and continue monthly (except for December) through May. Sessions will run from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., except for the opening and closings session days, which are likely to start and end one hour later.
Class of 2018 Sessions:
- Thursday and Friday, September 14 and 15, 2017
- Friday, October 6, 2017
- Friday, November 3, 2017
- Friday, January 12, 2018
- Friday, February 9, 2018
- Friday, March 9, 2018
- Thursday, April 12, 2018
- Friday, May 11, 2018
There will be an additional cohort-led session, with the date to be determined by each working group. Cohort groups will also arrange times and locations, as needed, for their meetings to complete group exercises between sessions.
Tuition for Class of 2019 Fellows will be $4,950 for ACC NCR members and $5,335 for non-members (which includes one year of membership in ACC and ACC NCR).
Tuition includes a 360 assessment, one to two coaching sessions and a full-year subscription to the Harvard Business Review.
If you are interested in the Academy for yourself or for a member of your team, we urge you to seek the necessary budgetary approval from your organization to be part of this excellent program.
Tuition will be due in full within ten days of notice of admission.
Financial aid will be available to reduce the tuition for a limited number of applicants who are self-paying at least a portion of the tuition. Aid awards, for as long as they are available, will not exceed $1,450 per person. Apply early if you need financial aid to participate. The Application portal will be updated when available financial aid has been exhausted.
The Leadership Academy is a robust cohort-based leadership development program that will take place over a nine month period. In addition to dynamic, in-person sessions with the Academy faculty, Fellows will engage in small working groups, both at the in-person sessions and in working-group sessions held in between the formal meetings. This group, or cohort, is a critical component of the program and much of the hands-on leadership development will be accomplished within these cohorts. The cohorts are small, with 5-6 individuals in each, and the success of the program depends on full participation in the cohort group as well as the faculty-led sessions. A Fellow’s failure to meet the obligations to their cohort will affect their own, as well as other Fellows’, experience and learning continuity. We estimate no more than 8-10 hours of preparation time each month and believe that the course assignments will not present an undue burden for Fellows.
Consequently, upon acceptance to the Academy, each Fellow will be asked to acknowledge and agree as follows:
- I am committed to attending and fully participating in all Academy events, including sessions with my cohort group in between the formal Academy sessions. If a situation arises that prevents my attendance at any Academy activity, I will notify Ilene Reid as soon as I become aware of the situation. Full participation may include some or all of the following requirements: independent reading; in-person or video meeting with the cohort group between sessions; additional casework and video presentations.
- I am committed to arriving at each in-person Academy session with an open and inquiring mind, a willingness to learn and a respectful attitude towards the opinions of the other Fellows and the faculty.
- I am committed to completing all course assignments within the timeframe specified by the faculty and my cohort as appropriate.
- I am committed to securing the necessary time away from my place of employment and other work and personal obligations in order to attend all in-person Academy sessions and to be present for the full day of each session. I understand that this commitment will require nine (9) full program days, and two (2) or three (3) evening events. I am committed to full engagement at each session and will minimize interruptions and distractions during each session, including limiting or avoiding checking e-mail, taking or making calls etc. during the active part of each session. I understand that there will be limited breaks to attend to time-urgent matters.
- I have informed my professional manager and business clients (where appropriate) of these commitments.