Module 3 Briefing Sheet
- HBR: “The Discipline of Teams” (Jon Katzenbach)
- HBR: “The New Science of Building Great Teams” (Alex Pentland)
- The New York Times: “What Google Learned from Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team” (Charles Duhigg)
- Corentus: “The Team Wheel” (Alexander Caillet)
- Mobius Strip: “The Team Adaptability Advantage” (Alexander Caillet & Amy Yeager)
- HBR: “Promise-Based Management” (Donald Sull & Charles Spinosa)
- HBR: "How Your State of Mind Affects Your Performance" (Alexander Caillet, Jeremy Hirshberg & Stefano Petti)
- HBR: "4 Steps to Dispel a Bad Mood" (Alexander Caillet, Jeremy Hirshberg & Stefano Petti)
- Read all of the articles and complete the Personal Reflection Questions below.
- Bring a copy of or draw your own “organizational chart.”
- Meet with your cohort and complete the assignment below.
Click here to download a Word version of this Briefing Sheet
into which you can type your responses to the following questions.
- Do you lead or belong to one or more work group and/or team? What words would you use to describe them?
- What do you believe are the key ingredients to create high performing groups or teams?
- How does your legal department create a high performing climate?
- How would you describe your own engagement at work? What is contributing to your engagement level right now?
- How would you describe the “psychological safety” of your company overall? Your legal department? The work group and/or team that you lead or belong to?
- How would you describe the “state of mind” or mood of your company overall? Your legal department? The work group and/or team you manage/lead (if applicable)?
- How would you describe the level of accountability being exhibited by the members of the groups and/or teams you belong to? When accountability is broken, do you have a constructive approach to dealing with it?
- How would you describe the levels of trust and respect that exist in the groups and teams you belong to? What is contributing to these levels?
Meet to discuss the following before Classroom session
- Share your “organizational chart” with your cohort members. What are your core roles and responsibilities? How do you define “success” in your role?
- Share your key takeaways from any of the pre-reading.
- Discuss selected Personal Reflection questions.