Learn To Lead From Any Seat
The ACC National Capital Region Leadership Academy will give you the tools and skills you need to optimize your leadership potential and succeed at the highest levels of your organization. GC's and CLO's should take a good look at the exceptional quality and value of the Academy for members of your team.
The Academy's curriculum - designed by in-house counsel for in-house counsel - addresses the unique leadership challenges and opportunities of in-house counsel.
- Set your personal growth and leadership goals and develop benchmarks to measure progress.
- Hone your emotional intelligence and improve your ability to effectively communicate and influence across teams and in the C-suite.
- Learn to create and inspire strategic vision, and manage change.
- Grow your ability to lead and contribute to high-performing teams.
- Enhance your executive presence and develop an authentic leadership style.
- Apply best practices for problem-solving and decision-making.
- Develop skills to become a trusted advisor and to navigate the partner/guardian balance inherent in the in-house role.
- Build strong professional relationships and expand your in-house network across an array of industries and organizations in the National Capital Region.
- A class of approximately 30 distinguished in-house counsel – known as Fellows – is chosen through an application process to create a well-balanced, high-caliber class.
- Before the Academy sessions begin, each Fellows will complete the Leadership Circle Profile™ 360 assessment, and have a debrief on the results and a coaching session.
- Each Fellow is also part of a cohort group of no more than six Fellows to optimize learning and support one another’s professional growth and development.
- A highly interactive learning environment, designed to engage, challenge and connect Academy Fellows over the course of the program.
- Sessions are led by nationally recognized faculty, recruited because of their expertise and ability to translate concepts into practical takeaways. Members of the Academy Board of Advisors participate in each session to deliver key insights, perspectives, examples and pointers.
When And Where
The Academy consists of: an Academy Orientation that takes place in October and an Intro Module in November of the year preceding the class year; the core Academy Modules then begin in January of the class year and end in September (with no session in August).
All sessions are held in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area (most are in the District), unless current conditions require that we meet virtually.
There also is work between sessions that Fellows will do individually and/or with their cohorts, including one topic that each cohort addresses independently on a date it determines.
For details on the schedule, tuition, and commitment involved with the Academy, read The Fine Print.
"The lessons learned, experiences gained, and new professional relationships formed as a result of the Leadership Academy were invaluable and exceeded my expectations. I know I can continue to draw upon these assets throughout my leadership journey, and that has given me greater confidence to seek out and engage in new leadership opportunities."
Sung T. Kim
Class of 2018 Fellow
Senior Associate General Counsel
Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory