Orientation Briefing Sheet / Class of 2024
Click title to download:
- Orientation Briefing Sheet (.docx)
- Orientation session slides (.pdf)
- "One Big Thing" workbook (.docx)
- Academy Competency Model (2024) (.pdf)
- Cohort Best Practices (.pdf)
- Academy Rules of Engagement - "Be" Attitudes (2024) (.pdf)
- Behavioral Styles Distribution - Class of 2024 (.pdf)
Note: Some of the pre-work is intended to provide foundational information. While some items of pre-work may not be discussed during the Academy session, it provides a necessary introduction to the material that will allow our faculty to maximize facilitation time when we are together for each seminar.
- Behavior Styles Quick Reference Card (Side 1 and Side 2) (Note: The reference card is proprietary information covered by copyright law. We have been licensed to allow each of you to print it out or save a copy for personal use, but you cannot reproduce it or share it with others.)
- Behavioral Styles Self-Assessment Personalized Report (e-mailed to you by Robert Calabrese)
- Effectiveness Institute Blog: “Here’s the Fundamental Difference Between Behavior and Personality” (February 2020)
- Leadership Circle YouTube channel: “Safety or Purpose?" (Bob Anderson, January 18, 2012) (link provided under terms of a Creative Commons license, BY–NC–ND 4.0 International) (https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=nFlPHv4a3xc)
- Complete the Behavioral Styles Assessment.
- When you receive your report, read through the Quick Reference Card and Your Report (especially pages 1-13)
- Read “Here’s the Fundamental Difference Between Behavior and Personality”
- Watch the video "Safety or Purpose?"
- Bring to the session your most recent draft of your Professional Leadership Development Plan and be prepared to address it in the session. Please make sure you have incorporated any suggestions for revisions that you received from your coach when you met to review your first draft.
- What other self-assessments have you done in your professional career? How did you use those results?
- How do your Behavioral Styles results align/diverge from these other assessments?
- What common themes do you find between your Leadership Circle Profile 360 results and your Behavioral Styles results?
- What did you find affirming and/or troubling from your results on these assessments?