In-house counsel leaders successfully navigate the divide that can exist between an organization’s business needs and interests and the constraints imposed by legal and compliance realities.
The ACC NCR Leadership Academy curriculum was developed by in-house counsel for in-house counsel to provide the skills necessary to become a trusted advisor and leader, and to bridge the partner/guardian tension inherent in the in-house counsel role.
In the Classroom
Each session will be highly interactive, teaching leadership skills through a variety of approaches, including:
- Simulation, role-play and modeling
- Collaboration and exchange of best practices
- Dialogue with experts from an array of fields
- Case studies
- Other cohort and personal exercises
In-depth class discussions will be led by nationally recognized faculty chosen for their expertise in leadership and their ability to translate concepts into practical take-aways. Between sessions, Fellows will be expected to read, engage in personal reflection and, in some instances, complete a specific exercise with their cohort.
Fellows will develop core self-management, relationship management, and leadership skills through the Academy’s dynamic curriculum, including sessions on:
- Emotional intelligence, executive presence, and authentic leadership
- Interpersonal communication
- Developing and leading high performing teams
- Creating and inspiring vision
- Leading and managing change
- Managing difficult conversations
- Influencing and negotiating
- Problem-solving and decision-making
- Presentation skills
- Task management and delegating