In-house counsel leaders successfully navigate the divide that can exist between an organization’s business needs and interests and the constraints imposed by legal and compliance realities.
The ACC NCR Leadership Academy curriculum was developed by in-house counsel for in-house counsel to provide the skills necessary to become a trusted advisor and leader, and to navigate the partner/guardian balance inherent in the in-house counsel role.
In the Classroom
Each session will be highly interactive, teaching leadership skills through a variety of approaches, including:
- Simulation, role-play and modeling
- Collaboration and exchange of best practices
- Dialogue with experts from an array of fields
- Case studies
- Other cohort and personal exercises
In-depth class discussions will be led by nationally recognized faculty chosen for their expertise in leadership and their ability to translate concepts into practical take-aways. Between sessions, Fellows will be expected to read, engage in personal reflection and, in some instances, complete a specific exercise with their cohort.
To learn more about the content of the Academy sessions and what resonated most with Fellows, read the Academy Spotlights.
Fellows will develop core self-management, relationship management, and leadership skills through the Academy’s dynamic curriculum, including sessions on:
- Exploring "Who am I as a leader?" through the concepts of authentic leadership, personal brand, and executive presence, and the importance of developing strategic relationships.
- Interpersonal communication and emotional intelligence.
- Developing and leading high performing teams.
- Creating organizational vision and inspiring stakeholders.
- Leading and managing change.
- Managing difficult conversations.
- Influencing and persuading.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Presentation skills.
- Task management and delegating.
"Probably the most profound effect the Academy had on me was that it pushed me to reflect on my career path and goals. Starting with the very first lesson in the Academy, I was refocused on my leadership dream, my purpose and passion, and guided to develop the necessary skills and set goals accordingly. It motivated me, and in just a few short months, I had put a lot of the skills I learned in the Leadership Academy into practice."
Ilona Korzha Levine
Class of 2018 Fellow
General Counsel, Legal Affairs and Corporate Communications
China Telecom Americas