Board of Advisors
The Leadership Academy Board of Advisors is comprised of current and former general counsel and chief legal officers from a broad array of companies and organizations across the National Capital Region. They are deeply committed to helping advance the next generation of in-house leaders.
The Board of Advisors members interface directly with the Academy Faculty and participate in Modules to ensure that each session delivers the tools and insights critical to in-house counsel leadership. Members of the Board of Advisors will also participate in various Academy events.
"Success as in-house counsel depends just as much on "soft skills" such as effectiveness as a communicator, advocate and coach as it does on the "hard skills" of substantive legal knowledge. Focused leadership development training can be an effective way to improve areas like these to help position an in-house lawyer for a leadership role."
Dean A. Manson
Academy Board of Advisors
Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
Past members of the Board of Advisors:
- Brian Brooks, former Executive VP, General Counsel and Secretary, Fannie Mae
- Ona Alston Dosunmu, former VP and General Counsel, The Brookings Institution
- Robert Falk, General Counsel, Truth Initiative
- Stephanie Gilliard, VP, Legal Affairs, and General Counsel, Peninsula Pacific Entertainment
- Julie Jacobs, Executive VP and General Counsel, Yahoo
- Mary E. Kennard, former VP and General Counsel, American University
- Leonard Kennedy, former Senior VP, General Counsel and Secretary, NeuStar, Inc.
- Maryanne Lavan, Senior VP, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Cindy Lewin, former Executive VP and General Counsel, AARP
- Curtis Lu, General Counsel, FTI Consulting
- Eric Margolin, Executive VP, General Counsel, and Secretary, CarMax Superstores
- James McMillan, Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Ama Romaine, General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, G6 Hospitality LLC
- Ed Ryan, former Executive VP and General Counsel, Marriott International, Inc.